All Saints’ is committed to preparing students for success through utilizing the best of time-tested, classical techniques alongside 21st-century learning approaches. All Saints’ supports a “Bring Your Own Device” policy where students are encouraged to use technology as appropriate. Our current infrastructure supports devices using iOS, Windows, and Android operating systems.
We continue to explore and expand our current approach to technology as we strive to bring the best of both worlds to our instructional practice. To that end, we engaged a nationally-recognized firm, Education Collaborators, who work with schools to implement best practices relating to technology and education.
We have already made impressive strides relating technological advances on the All Saints’ campus:
- Initiated a comprehensive IT audit, including surveys of all administration, faculty, and parents
- Moved to a permanent, in-house team of IT specialists to better serve our network systems
- Substantially expanded the Wi-Fi network on campus to support our students
- Updated our servers
- Provided email addresses for all students 6th-12th grade
- Updated our in-class computers in all divisions
- Added a Web 2.0 course in the Upper School that focuses on computer-based research
- Initiated a pilot iPad course in the Upper School English Department
- Initiated a pilot using the “flipped classroom” model in the Upper School Economics course
- Conducted training for faculty in the latest SmartBoard techniques
If you would like more information on the development of our comprehensive and strategic plan for technology and education, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Mike Albritton
, Dean of Academics.