COVID-19 Situation Overview

List of 3 news stories.

  • Commencement Update + Senior Week Traditions

    While the spring semester has been an adjustment for everyone, our seniors have been watching their celebratory events slide by – college day on campus, athletic recognition nights, prom and more. Thankfully, with Governor Abbott’s announcement this week to start reopening Texas in phases, we believe we have enough visibility to narrow our contingency plans and announce the Class of 2020 Commencement week…reimagined.
    Read More
  • Campus Closure Extension

    In accordance with Governor Abbott's declaration today, campus will remain closed through the end of the school year. While we are very disappointed for our community, we support the directive and certainly agree that the safety of our children is top priority. TAPPS has officially concluded the spring season, as well.
    Read More
  • Mother Jill Update

    Mother Jill and Father Robert have both completed their quarantine time and have been declared COVID-19 free. Mother Jill has been working from home and some of her recent messages to students and families can be found by visiting the Chapel Facebook Group.
    Read More
Archive

COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions

List of 8 frequently asked questions.

  • What are All Saints' cleaning and disinfecting procedures?

    We are following the CDC guidance regarding cleaning and disinfecting measures. Early Childhood, Lower School and Chapel were cleaned and disinfected over Presidents’ Day weekend as we are in cold and flu season. These buildings, along with Upper School, Middle School, gyms and the Union were also cleaned multiple times over extended breaks.

    School closed for Spring Break on Friday, March 6. Cleaning and disinfecting started on March 11 and will continue through the week until completed. We use products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims, including Clorox products and Virex. Products are applied with wipes and also by spray system. We align with the procedures outlined in this article (toward bottom).  
     
  • Are school-sponsored athletics be cancelled as well?

    All extracurricular (Fine Arts, Chess Club, Soccer Shots, etc.) and Middle and Upper School athletic events on campus have been cancelled until further notice. We will continue to be in contact with TAPPS about the spring athletic seasons. 
  • What if my student left belongings or school materials/textbooks on campus?

    Please contact your student's Division Head to determine if the items are required for distance learning. In order to minimize possibility of community transmission, we will only allow essential personnel on campus, or with explicit permission.
  • When will faculty and staff be accessible now that we have transitioned to online learning?

    Faculty and staff will be available and/or virtually teaching classes between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, starting Monday, March 16. 
  • What if my child doesn't have access to a computer or mobile device?

    If your child(ren) does not have access to a computer or mobile device (Chromebook, iPad or laptop) at home, please contact their Division Head by email so that we can make arrangements with you for a loaner device.
  • Will there be a tuition reduction or cost reimbursement during online learning?

    We are highly aware that many of our families may experience financial difficulties due to health, job change or loss; however, at this time it is too early to assess the impact of this health and economic crisis on the School in order to commit to a tuition reduction or cost reimbursement. We do anticipate some cost savings during this period of online learning and while the campus is in “preservation and maintenance mode” with minimal staff on campus (see FAQ below). Although we cannot commit to a refund or credit now, we will review our financial position at the end of the school year with the Finance Committee to determine if any adjustment is warranted and, if so, how it will be implemented.

    As many of you know, the School’s revenue is largely tuition-driven and covers almost 90% of our annual operating costs. The other 10% is supported by our annual giving program, auxiliary programs, endowment income and alternative revenue streams. Given the current situation, we may not achieve the level of support expected from all of those sources; as such, we are monitoring them on a daily basis and will have a more accurate read over the next couple of months.

    We are grateful to our faculty and staff who are helping students and parents engage in a virtual learning environment. To that end, tuition payments are needed to support faculty and staff salaries and to pay the basic operating expenses for the School. In fact, 86% of all operating costs are faculty and staff salaries and programming costs. The other 14% are fixed costs for operations and administration.
  • What is the School doing to reduce costs during this time?

    We are doing all that we can to manage our operating costs, including cost cuts where possible. Specifically, we are working with SAGE Dining to determine the reduction in the dining costs for the year. We have also asked our campus service and support staff to begin working on summer projects, including tasks where we might typically use contractors over the summer break. We believe that it is important that we keep our employees – including our administrative and campus service teams – working, as they are an integral part of our community. As noted in the previous FAQ, it is too early to tell if we will have an overall cost savings, but we will review the impact, positive and negative, in detail with the Finance Committee over the coming weeks and share this information with our community.
  • How do I get help if the COVID-19 crisis is having a detrimental impact on our financial situation?

    We understand the challenges that this situation is having on everyone, and each situation is personal and unique. When a family's financial situation changes, and especially at a time like this, we will work with you to the best of our abilities. If you have questions about outstanding tuition payments for 2019-2020, please contact Sandee Sinquefield

Media Contact

*All media are required to check in with a member of the Communications team upon arrival.  

Meg Hasten, Director of Communications and Marketing
meganhasten@aseschool.org
817-944-2856

Annalise Martinec, Manager of Communications and Marketing
annalisemartinec@aseschool.org


School Profile

All Saints' Episcopal School

Total Enrollment: 1,050 students, 3PK - Grade 12
 
Accreditation: Only private school in Tarrant County that is dual-accredited by nationally recognized agencies: Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES) and Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS)

Academic Achievements: Class of 2019’s 88 seniors were accepted to 115+ different colleges and universities. 83% of the seniors were awarded merit scholarships totaling $12.3+ million.

Sports and Extracurricular Activities: All competitive athletics through TAPPS, EC-12 Service Learning Program, Honors College (9-12), Cum Laude Society, National Junior Honor Society, International Thespian Society, Tri M® Music Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, Junior Honors Thesis, Senior Philanthropy Project, Senior Externship, Musicals, Solar Car, Robotics, RANGE
CONTACT        |        DIRECTIONS        |        CAREERS
All Saints’ Episcopal School is a leading college preparatory day school in Fort Worth, Texas. Grounded in the Episcopal school tradition, All Saints’ offers programming of national distinction in the academic, fine art, athletic and spiritual disciplines, which brings to life our philosophy of promoting each student’s individual genius within.
All Saints’ Episcopal School © 2013
9700 Saints Circle, Fort Worth, Texas 76108 Phone: 817-560-5700