Our strategic plan, Saints Will, encompasses five objectives: Wellness, Faculty Growth & Development, Enrollment Management, High-Tech/High Touch and Sustainability. While we continue on our trajectory to move the School forward in each of these areas, a significant focus has been placed on community wellness. Specific applications include:
- Daily Chapel service at every level
- Stanford’s Challenge Success
- Parent Wellness Seminars led by our MS/US Couselor three to four times per year
- Book Talks led by our Lower School Division Head twice a year
- Community-Inclusive Dining in a state-of-the-art student Union
- PTO’s generous funding of water hydration stations around campus
- The first PK-12 school in the country to achieve Blue Zones ApprovedTM status
- Mindfulness breaks throughout the day for reflection, play, special-interest clubs and/or getting outside
The figure head for our Wellness initiatives is our Dean of Wellness
, Norma Blue. It's no coincidence that Norma Blue is a St. Bernard; not only does the breed name coordinate with our School name, but St. Bernards are notorious gentle giants, who are watchful, persistent, curious and inclusive. They use their gifts to protect the family. Norma Blue sends monthly communication to parents about how to support Wellness in their homes and with their students, provides students with tips on the importance of healthy behaviors, and is a tool for Faculty to use in lessons on character.
Balance has always been a cornerstone for our community, and these Wellness initiatives align with our long-seated tradition of educating the whole child.