All Saints’ Episcopal School, a nationally recognized college preparatory day school in Fort Worth, Texas, has a Lower School teaching opening for the 2019-2020 school year.Lower School is comprised of Kindergarten through Sixth Grade. Second Grade has 4 classes of approximately 18 students each. Each classroom is self-contained and the teacher is responsible for instruction in reading/English language arts, writing, math, science, and social studies. Specialists deliver instruction in Godly play, Spanish, science lab, PE, fine art, music, technology, and chess. There is an expectation of significant collaboration and cross-curricular work among all Lower School team members. Technology is an integral part of every classroom. Training, background, and experience in elementary education are required. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
The successful Lower School Teacher candidate will be a creative professional who is able and ready to commit to the mission and outcome statement of All Saints’ Episcopal School. A genuine appreciation of young children, an understanding of child development, strong instructional knowledge and pedagogy, as well as the ability to work effectively with parents are essential. The teaching position calls for energy, optimism, enthusiasm, flexibility, patience, perseverance and a sense of humor. It also requires the ability and willingness to learn from and collaborate with colleagues within the division and throughout the entire school. Finally, we seek a teacher who will truly accept and honor each unique individual in our community of learners striving to educate students in and for the 21st century.
Lower School Teacher candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience, ideally in an independent school, and preferably with a master’s degree. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Create and implement rigorous and engaging lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Differentiate instruction through learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Integrate technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Establish and maintain open communication with parents and students. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly in a timely manner.
This position will report to the Lower School Division Head and has a start date of August 1, 2019.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resume to:
Subject: Lower School 1st Grade
All Saints’ Episcopal School of Fort Worth is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, veteran or marital status, age, national or ethnic origin. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, veteran or marital status, age, or national and ethnic origin in administration of all phases of the employment relationship, including recruitment, advertising, hiring, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay, and all other forms of selection, training, and compensation.